Monster.Com Suggests You The New Job – Transfer Manager
So after monster.com’s email database was stolen, my spam bin is getting filled with these “employment offers” allegedly from monster.com, all variants on the Nigerian 419 advance-fee scam. This one was allegedly From: email@example.com but was Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org, and originated with the rather obfuscated Received: email@example.com@188.8.131.52 through an SMTP open relay at smtp106.biz.mail.re2.yahoo.com. I am always impressed at how many people fall for these badly spelled, grammatically poor, preposterously unlikely scenarios. Yet another tax on stupidity and desperation… or maybe the ones people fall for are better-crafted? Anyway, reproduced for posterity:
Subject: Monster.com suggests You the new job, Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers: Job offer
We have found your resume at Monster.com and would like to suggest you a “Transfer manager” Nj liN
vacancy. We have studied your resume and are happy to inform you that your skills ZTk xMTI
completely meet our requirements for this position.
This is a part-time position. Your job will be to transfer money between our clients.
Your job will consist in the following:MjQ4 YTA0
* Receive the check by mail
* Cash the check within a business day, excluding days off
* 8% of the amount are left for yourself as a commission. You take it immediately
* The rest of the sum is to be sent via western union to us to the address which will be OWE 0OW
mentioned in the e-mail. Transaction fees shall be paid out of the same sum.
Your schedule will be flexible. You will need to spend on average 1-2 hours per day, Monday-Friday.
This is a work-at-home position. All communication will be online.
This job will allow you to:
– Increase your income; MGFk ZTU
– Get additional free time;
– Efficiently work at home; MG FkZ
– Prior customer service experience is a good benefit; YjR jZ
– Good communications skills Yj RjZT
– Internet and e-mail skills; Experience in online work; Ym Yz
– Honesty, responsibility and promptness in operations; ZWIx YmVj
During the trial period you will be paid $1,500 per month. You will also be keeping 8 percent commission Nj liNj
from every check received from our customer. With the current ammount of clients your average YjY zN
income will be about up to $2,000 USD per month. After the trial period your base salary will go up to ZjFm YWQ5
$2,250 USD per month, plus 8 percent commission.After the trial period you may ask for additional hours or
If you are interested in this position, and would like to know more, please e-mail me
We will contact you within 2 days